Serving Clients in Houston, West Houston, Southwest Houston, Sugar Land, Katy, Copperfield, Memorial, Spring, Northwest Houston, Northchase, Spring Cypress, Champion Forest, The Woodlands, Kingwood, Humble, Lake Houston, Midtown, Memorial, West Oaks, Royal Oaks, Clear Lake, League City, Westchase Business District, Harris County, and Galveston County.


Contact Our Houston Immigration Lawyers Regarding Specific Questions

How Long can I Travel With A Green Card?

The USCIS may determine that permanent residents who travel outside the U.S. for 180 days or more (less than six months), have the intention to abandon their permanent residency statuses. Furthermore, the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) determines that permanent residents who travels outside of the U.S for one year or more, without obtaining a re-entry permit or travel document, abandoned their statuses. Consequently, anyone who travels outside the U.S. for at least 180 should file an application to obtain a travel document or a re-entry permit prior to departure. Although you can leave the U.S. subsequent to filing the application but is in the interim, waiting for an approval, you must return to the U.S. if the application is denied after your departure. Finally, if you intend to travel outside the U.S. to work, you should also file an application for a re-entry permit, especially if you travel for 180 days or more. Please contact our Houston Immigration Attorneys and our Houston Immigration Lawyers if you have any questions.

Please contact the Houston Immigration Lawyers and the Houston Immigration Lawyers if you have any questions regarding green card applications. You are invited to contact the experienced Houston immigration attorneys of the Law Offices of Steven Tuan Pham at 713-517-6645. You can also submit an inquiry through our Houston Immigration Attorney’s Online Inquiry.


Immigration Law is a vast area of law and every situation is unique. You should NOT rely on the limited information on this general site in replacing a personal consultation with an experienced Houston Green Card Immigration Lawyer or an experienced Houston Adjustment of Status Attorney. There may be legal issues, depending on the facts and circumstances, that go to the merit of the case in which you may not be aware. Please feel free to give us a call at 713-517-6645 , or to contact us online, for more information. Call the Houston Immigration Green Card Application Lawyers and the Southwest Houston Adjustment of Status Application Lawyers at the Law Offices of Steven Tuan Pham. today at 713-517-6645 or complete our Online Contact Form. Our Houston Immigration Lawyers will contact you shortly.