Change of Filing Location for Form I-102, Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Departure Document

On February 22, 2010, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced revised filing instructions and addresses for applicants filing form I-102, an Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document (Form I-102). The new form I-102 is dated 1/13/10 and is now available of USCIS website. Contact the Houston Immigration Attorneys at the Law Offices of Steven Tuan Pham to prepare and file an I-102 application.

Form I-102 is an application in which a nonimmigrant request a re-issue or the initial issue of the nonimmigrant departure record, form I-94. Form I-94 is issued for nonimmigrants who enter the U.S. through a port of entry by the U.S. Custom & Border Patrol. The form indicates the date in which the person entered the U.S. and the lenght of authorized stay. As such, all nonimmigrants must possess a copy of form I-94 at all times. Nonimmigrants may be inspected at any time by U.S. Custom and Border Patrol Officer or Immigration Custom Enforcement officers (ICE.)

Beginning February 22, 2010, applicants submitting Form I-102 by itself must mail their application to the USCIS Phoenix or Dallas Lockbox facility, based on where they are located. Detailed guidance can be found in the updated Form I-102 instructions, which can be accessed through USCIS' website at www.uscis.gov. Applicants submitting their Form I-102 with another form should submit both forms according to the filing instructions for the other form.

For assistance in filing form I-102, please contact our Houston Immigration Lawyers and our U.S. Immigration attorneys at 713-517-6645.


The excerpts above are information taken from reliable immigration resources, including the American Immigration Lawyers Association's (AILA), USCIS', and U.S. Department of States' websites. LAW OFFICES OF STEVEN TUAN PHAM makes no warranty as to the accuracy and veracity of any such information. All interested parties must active;y do his or her own research and contact an experienced Houston Immigration Lawyer or an experienced U.S. Immigration Attorney to assist in specific questions and to resolve his or her immigration concern. You can contact one of our experienced Houston immigration attorneys and our U.S. immigration lawyers at 713-517-6645 for personal assistance. Alternatively, please complete our Contact Form and one of our U.S. immigration attorneys will contact you shortly.