Serving Clients in Houston, West Houston, Southwest Houston, Sugar Land, Katy, Copperfield, Memorial, Spring, Northwest Houston, Northchase, Spring Cypress, Champion Forest, The Woodlands, Kingwood, Humble, Lake Houston, Midtown, Memorial, West Oaks, Royal Oaks, Clear Lake, League City, Westchase Business District, Harris County, and Galveston County.


Contact Our Houston Immigration Lawyers Regarding Specific Questions

Does a nonimmigrant visa holder who married to a U.S. citizen spouse qualifies for an adjustment of status (green card) application?

A U.S. citizen spouse may file an immigrant petition for an immediate family member. In the case of an immigrant petition for an alien spouse, a visa is immediately available at the time of the application. As such, the foreign national spouse (nonimmigrant visa holder) may also file an application to adjust status from a nonimmigrant to a legal permanent resident. The Petitioner must demonstrate that there is a bona fide, good faith, relationship. That is, Petition must prove that the application is not a fraud and submit evidence of same.

These are complicated matters and required the knowledge and experience of an immigration attorney. There are numerous requirements and factors that may affect a person’s eligibility for an application for adjustment of status. Please review our Adjustment of Status Application Section for more detail. In addition, you should contact the Houston Immigration Lawyers and the Houston Adjustment of Status Attorneys at the Law Offices of Steven Tuan Pham. for assistance. Having an experienced Houston Green Card Application Attorney representing you would avoid any unreasonable demands or unlawful questionings from the USCIS adjudicating officers.


Immigration Law is a vast area of law and every situation is unique. You should NOT rely on the limited information on this general site in replacing a personal consultation with an experienced Houston Green Card Immigration Lawyer or an experienced Houston Adjustment of Status Attorney. There may be legal issues, depending on the facts and circumstances, that go to the merit of the case in which you may not be aware. Please feel free to give us a call at 713-517-6645 , or to contact us online, for more information. Call the Houston Immigration Green Card Application Lawyers and the Southwest Houston Adjustment of Status Application Lawyers at the Law Offices of Steven Tuan Pham. today at 713-517-6645 or complete our Online Contact Form. Our Houston Immigration Lawyers will contact you shortly.